The da Vinci Black Sable 1840 Series Brights are super fine and firm for small yet sharp touches. Outside of Europe, the Black Sable is known as a Fitch brush and is stiffer than red sables so paint absorbs well similar to a bristle. Realist and portrait painters prefer a Black Sable.
- Long maroon polished handle for fluidity
- Firm edges enhance control
- Larger sizes for paint carrying capacity
- Reduce evidence of brush strokes
- Blend and smooth colors delicately
These Fitch brushes are fine yet resilient, allowing perfect spring. Similar to other sables, this is a medium between a Kolinsky Sable and an Artist Chungking bristle. Available in three shapes including rounded filbert, bright, and round, this item is bight in various size. da Vinci’s Black Sable Bright- 1840 is ideal for oil paintings and works just as well with acrylic paint.