The BEST 138” Heavy Duty Stretcher Bar is made with tough and strong white pine wood. This wood is finger spliced, a process in which each piece of wood is bonded together to form a much extended and straight bar. The advantage of using this painstaking process is that it produces a much longer, stronger, and straighter stretcher bar. Note this type of bar is recommended for canvasses larger than 48”.
Another design advantage from BEST is their unique rounded back edge that creates ½” of separation between the canvas and the stretcher bar. This helps eliminate the possibility of “ghost” impressions on the canvas. The rounded back edge provides for a smoother and tighter draw of the canvas.
Here’s some of the features of the BEST Heavy Duty 138” Stretcher Bar”
- Corners square quickly
- Strong kiln-dried, finger spliced white pine wood
- Rounded back edge
- Fit together well - not too tight
- Heavy enough to hold up against a staple gun
- Slotted back allows simple setup of cross-braces
- Lip offers 1/2" separation from stretcher bar to avoid ghost impressions
Here’s what others are saying:
- “The bars were straight and well milled, the corners joined well, the stretching was a breeze despite the size.”
- “These are the best stretchers I've used. Excellent quality.”
- “I recently tried the Super Heavy Duty stretchers and was pleasantly surprised by their construction. They have a good size and weight about them. The kind of product I can feel comfortable using as a base for my paintings.”
Please Note: An additional $27.50 will be applied per bar for special truck-shipping of this very long item.