These stretcher-bars are designed so the canvas is kept at ½” from the stretcher. This prevents “ghost” impressions in the canvas. The rounded back edge of the bar prevents surface friction and allows for a smoother and tighter draw of the canvas. This produces that all-important smooth and even painting surface.
Features of the BEST Medium Duty Stretcher Bar:
- Corners square easily
- Solid kiln-dried white pine wood
- Rounded back
- Fit together well - not too tight
- Heavy enough to withstand a staple gun
- Slotted back permits easy installation of cross-braces
- Lip provides ½” separation from stretcher bar to prevent ghost impressions
Here's what others are saying about the BEST Medium Duty Stretcher Bar:
“When I opened these stretcher bars I was immediately impressed with the quality and design. (and I am very fussy).”
“Good weight - not too heavy but thick enough for good side view of canvas.”
“This was my first time stretching my own canvas and these bars are heavy enough to withstand a staple gun. It was easy to assemble with the slots built in.”
Built of sturdy and solid kiln-dried white pine. Tighten your canvas without warping and flexing. Works perfectly with a staple gun.