The SMI Oak Flat File Storage Furniture with Caps and Bases are proudly made in the U.S.A., supporting American workers and our overall economy. Specializing in high-quality, custom, made-to-order filing and storage units, SMI offers their customers five and ten drawer packages that are conveniently stackable and are offered in three sizes:
- 24" x 36"
- 30" x 42", and
- 36" x 48"
You have a choice for your furniture finish between Natural Oak (no stain with a protective coating of clear lacquer) or the standard Medium Oak stain, which will make the wood a bit more darker in color. You must clearly specify which color wood you prefer.
Here is a detailed list of measurements for each of the four 3648 Series units, including the height and width of each offered unit, as well as the depth:
If you use 24" x 36" paper:
- Height: 5 drawers with cap & base will be: 20-5/8"; 10 drawers units will be: 37-1/4"
- Width at widest point: Cap on units without Accuride steel drawer guide sliders will be: 41-5/8"
- Width at widest point: Cap on units with Accuride steel drawer guide sliders will be: 42-5/8"
- Depth at deepest point with cap will be: 27-7/8"
If you use 30" x 42" paper:
- Height: 5 drawers with cap and base will be: 20-5/8"; 10 drawer units will be: 37-1/4"
- Width at widest point: Cap on units without Accuride steel drawer guide sliders will be: 47-5/8"
- Width at widest point: Cap on units with Accuride steel drawer guide sliders will be: 48-5/8"
- Depth at deepest point with cap will be: 33-7/8"
If you use 36" x 48" paper:
- Height: 5 drawers with cap & base will be: 21-7/8"; 10 drawers units will be: 38-7/8"
- Width at widest point with cap will be:: 53-5/8"
- Depth at deepest point with cap will be: 39-7/8"
- Caster option are 4 5/8"H from the bottom of the wheel to the top of the wood attached.
Height of: 3648-3D (3-drawer filing unit): 11-1/8"
3648-5D (5-drawer file): 17-5/8"
3648-C (cap): 1" with 1/4" overhang
3648-FB (flush base): 3-1/4"
Each drawer has a standard internal depth of 1-5/8"
Accuride Steel Ball-bearing Suspension System should be a specified addition by the buyer if drawer will be bearing an estimate of at least 100 lbs. while extended. The inclusion of the suspension system will allow the affected drawer to extend at only 28 inches, while standard drawers (without the added support) will extend fully. This detail is purely a safety measure.
Standard drawers (without the extra support of the exclusive, Accuride Steel Ball-bearing Drawer Suspension Slider Guide System) come with wood-on-wood sliding capability only.
The drawers are sized at 37" x 49" with approximately 1/2" extra space allowance on the sides. The depth of the drawers are 1-3/4".
Each drawer side panel is constructed with highly durable solid wood material. The bottoms of each drawer are made with quality-grade, tempered hardboard, while the visible fronts of each drawer features the fine look and beauty of solid natural or medium stained oak. Each drawer features a bull-nose design on all four sides of the oak, giving a collective architectural whimsy to each paper storage unit.
The drawer pulls come as quality, standard architectural brass, unless otherwise specified. There are two other options for an additional fee of $2.50 per drawer pull:
- Brushed Chrome: $2.50 each
- Polished Chrome: $2.50 each
Each unit conveniently arrives at your door step fully assembled! Please allow 4-6 weeks for standard delivery.
(Oversize Shipping: $605.80 for special truck shipping of this fully assembled unit. Includes lift gate and residential inside delivery.)