Great Arias: Collection 2 Video(VHS/DVD). In this collection, compositions from the 19th and 20th centuries span 100 years of European opera.
• Waltraud Meier introduces Wagner’s Tannh?user and, as Venus, sings a selection from Act I, conducted by Zubin Mehta at the National Theatre, Munich; first produced in 1845
• Galina Gorchakova introduces Verdi’s La forza del destino and sings, as Leonora, "Son giunta, grazie oh Dio!" from Act II, conducted by Val?ry Gergiev at the Mariinsky Theatre, St. Petersburg; first produced in 1862
• Yuri Marusin introduces and sings selections from Tchaikovsky’s Pique Dame (Queen of Spades), conducted by Andrew Davis at the Glyndebourne Festival Opera; first produced in 1890
• Eva Marton introduces Puccini’s Tosca and sings "Vissi d’arte," conducted by Alberto Erede at the Opera Australia; first produced in 1900
• Bryn Terfel introduces Strauss’s Salome and sings, as Jokanaan, "Wo ist er, dessen S?ndenbecher jetzt voll ist?" conducted by Christoph von Dohn?nyi at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden; first produced in 1905
• Philip Langridge introduces Britten’s Peter Grimes and sings "Sea Wall" from the last act, conducted by David Atherton at the English National Opera; first produced in 1945